FUNCTIONS OF TRAFFIC ENGINEERING & SAFETY DIVISION
- Collections and compilation of traffic census data (adt) for FERMA GIS software, research and development and federal roads management purposes.
- Provision and installation of road signs ,kilometer and bridge illumination along federal highways(contracts & direct labor).
- Lane markings of federal roads (contracts & direct labor).
- Procurement and distribution of work zone and safety devices (cones, delineation, jackets,tapes etc) to field offices and headquarters
- Black spot treatment along federal roads.
- Provision and installation of FERMA projects sign posts & electrical poles banners
- Provision and installation of rumble strips (as speed breakers) on federal highways
- Supervision of awarded contracts on road markings and signage on federal high ways
- Conduct of road safety audit on federal highways