Federal Roads Maintenance Agency (Establishment, etc) was established by Act No.7 of 2002 enacted by the National Assembly and assented to by President Olusegun Obasanjo. With this Act establishing the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency and for matters connected herewith, FERMA became Nigeria’s first institutional mechanism for monitoring and maintaining all Federal roads in the country.
First Governing Board of FERMA chaired by Engr. Guy Otobo was inaugurated by the then Hon. Minister of Works and Housing, Chief Tony Anenih on 27th January 2003.
- The Governing Board. It is the highest decision making body of the Agency. The Board is responsible for the formulation of policies and charting a direction to ensure the effective discharge of the statutory mandate of the Agency.
- The Managing Director is the Chief Executive Officer and a member of the Governing Board. S/he is responsible for the day-to-day running of the Agency and the Chairman of the tenders board
- The MD/CEO heads an Executive Management team made up of Executive Directors/HoDs and the Agency’s Secretary/Legal Adviser
- Members of Executive Management team serve as the Tenders Board of the Agency for the executive discharge of the Agency’s mandate
- The Executive Directors/HoDs are responsible for the daily running of the affairs of their various departments. They are also members of the tenders board
- The Agency runs a Zonal Directorate structure for the purpose of effective field operations. There are twelve (12) zonal Directorate offices and Thirty Eight (38) state filed offices; one in every state capital with Lagos state having an additional one and one in Abuja, F.C.T
- The zones were delineated to have three (3) state field offices reporting to them with the exception of two (2) Zonal offices having four (4) states each reporting to them (South West I and North Central I)
- On the whole, the Agency has a staff strength of 1,551. 341 work at the Corporate Headquarters and the outstanding number of staff are in the field and Zonal offices respectively.
To efficiently and effectively monitor and administer road maintenance with the objective of keeping all federal roads in good and safe conditions.
To become the most efficient road maintenance management organization that will enhance the economic well-being and interest of Nigerians.
OUR PEOPLE We cherish honesty, unalloyed loyalty and are supportive of one another with strong commitment to individual growth and corporate excellence
OUR WORK We are committed to world class service in a timely and accurate manner, using resources responsibly.
OUR RELATIONSHIP We value the opinions and ideas of customers as well as those of our stakeholders and readily reciprocate integrity and professionalism
OUR STRENGTH We are powered by good leadership, team spirit, reward for accomplishment and employee involvement at all levels.
OUR ENVIRONMENT We enjoy teamwork in an exciting, friendly and serene environment.