Led by a head of department who has the overall responsibility for the Finance and Accounts functions. She controls the flow of cash in/out of the Agency, maintains the integrity of funds, securities and other valuable financial documents. The department has the responsibility of setting up, maintaining and reporting proper accounting of the Agency including taking active part in budgetary preparations and budgetary control system.
The department acts as the controller and treasurer of the Agency, has the ultimate responsibility of maintaining the books of accounts, preparation of financial statements, computation of tax liabilities and its remittances, collection of all revenues due to the Agency and acts as the custodian of all financial security documents as well as general administration of the Department.
The Responsibilities of the Department among others are:
- Receipt of all funds due to the Agency
- Payment of personnel emoluments (salaries & allowances)
- Payment for procurement of works, goods and services
- Keeping Accounting records for all receipts and payments made by and to, or on behalf of the Agency
- Communicating the required Accounting information to the management and the public
- Responding to queries and enquires on the Agency’s financial transactions
- Control/custody and security of financial instruments, documents and information
- Budgetary control
- Liaising with all the financial institutions with which the Agency has dealings
- Oversees all the revenue generation drive of the Agency
- Oversees all the financial aspects of all the Agency’s programs
- Intermediation and facilitation of financial services to the Agency’s contractors from banks and other financial Organization
- The Financial Ambassador of the Agency
- Preparation and timely rendition of statutory returns to relevant bodies such as the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF)etc
- Liaising with the External Auditors of the Agency
- Coordination an d supervision of all accounting functions in the field offices and
- Any other duties assigned by the MD.