The Administration and Human Resources Development Department is mandated to obtain for the Agency a suitably qualified workforce to achieve its mandate. The Department which is headed by a Director consists of the following Divisions: Administration, Personnel, and Training & Manpower.
Based on the approval of the Governing Board of the Agency the Department recruits personnel, as the need arises. The personnel are recruited on merit and based on federal character spread. The personnel are to be suitably qualified, resourceful, efficient and effective and be committed to offering world class service in a timely and accurate manner using resource responsibly.
The Department coordinates Continuous Professional Development (CPD) of personnel to enhance career development progression and ensure a quality workforce for the benefit of the Agency’s operations. The Department shall organize in-house training at the Agency HQ/Zonal/State field offices such as workshops, IT seminars etc. to support the building and strengthening of the Agency’s human resource base for the implementation of road maintenance and other related activities, the Department shall:
- Identify and select appropriate training programs;
- Prepare specific training programs;
- Develop appropriate training course modules;
- Frequent review and evaluation of training programs.
Motivation and Incentives
The Department coordinates the mechanism/modality for staff motivation and incentive for rewarding excellence, loyalty and hardwork.
- Registry & Records
- In charge of Security matters
Appointment, Promotion & Discipline
- Identify vacant position and recommend filling of such positions to the management;
- Document newly appointed officers and those on secondment or transfer to the Agency;
- Process posting of officers;
- Compile staff nominal roll;
- Prepare of annual performance appraisals for staff;
- Prepare of promotion briefs for eligible officers;
- Conduct promotion exercise for both junior and senior officers;
- Process conversion/upgrading and advancements of staff;
- Investigat disciplinary matter and recommending appropriate actions for the consideration and approval of the MD and the relevant staff committee;
- Issue queries to junior staff committee (JSC)/senior staff committee (SSC) to erring officers;
- Organize both junior/senior staff committee meetings;
- Implement the decision of both junior/senior staff committees